Monday, June 14, 2010

Bright idea! Thanks, Diva!


Don't you love a bright idea? Don't you just love it when the light flips on in your head and the creative juices start working? I was watching Drop Dead Diva yesterday--a show I really like--and this awesome idea for a book popped into my head. (How's that for inspirational TV?)

Anyway, the WHOLE book mapped itself out in my mind from beginning to end. That doesn't always happen to me. I'll get a good idea, but not one where the whole plot unfolds in thirty seconds. Wow! Pow! Bam! Now, what to do about it? I wrote down the premise so I wouldn't forget, but I'm right in the middle of another WIP.

I guess I need to be patient, finish the one I'm working on and then get to this other. Sigh. What would you do?

8 comments:

Julie Musil said...

I'd do exactly what you did! When you look back on those notes you'll think, "What genius wrote this?" Good luck with the current wip, and the next!

Old Kitty said...

Oh my goodness!! Quick, at least write down an outline/synopsis/word chart or something to remind you of this new book later!! :-)

Oh wow!! I think when such an amazing inspiration happens like this, you can't afford not to act on it! LOL!

I'm very excited for you.

GOOD LUCK!!!

take care
x

Nicole said...

I have a book which is slowly filling up with plots - least I'll never be at a loss for what to write :)

Theresa Milstein said...

How exciting! Jot notes, finish your current WIP, and then tackle this one.

The same thing happened to me last winter. I worked on one book, when a reality show contestant gave me an idea for another. It had nothing to do with the show really. But that's how inspiration works, doesn't it?

Mel Chesley said...

Good thing you wrote it down! I love when I get stuff like that. I have three ideas waiting in the wings for books, but I am working to finish the first one I started. I think that is part of my trouble with my current WIP, I want to begin the others! But it is hard for me to flop back and forth between just two, so I am forcing myself to complete one before moving on to the other.

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

Awesome! And isn't that the way, when you're right in the middle of something else. It was good that you wrote it down. You'll get to it.

Kerrin said...

yeah i'd do exactly what you did! write it down and finish the current one! good luck :)

RaShelle Workman said...

Don't you love it when that happens? Very cool.
I have an award for you on my blog. ;D