Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Power of a good book.


My friend, Cheri Chesley asked me to read her newly accepted book, "The Peasant Queen," so I can write a blurb on it! I can't tell you what an honor this is, and let me tell you, it's a captivating story. I find myself reading page, after page, after page without getting tired, which is saying a lot because I can tire quickly with as much as I have to get done. (I know, long sentence.)

I won't say much about the story, as I'm not sure how much I'm supposed to say, but I highly recommend buying it when it comes out. She didn't tell me if they gave her a publishing date, but my guess is 2011 some time.

I have also just finished another fun little fantasy called, "Reiyalindis," by Cory Poulson. For those of you who love fantasy, READ THIS BOOK! I loved it. In my opinion, though, they should have given it a different cover and title. It is a story that both boys and girls would like, but the cover will turn boys off as it's a picture of a beautiful little elf girl. The title is her name.

After starting this book, I knew my son would love the story too-- which is very much like a World of Warcraft quest-- so I told him he needed to read it and ignore the cover. I was right. He loves it. It all goes to show how important a cover and title are. This book would be more widely bought if they had asked my opinion! =)

I've also started another book called "The Wednesday Letters," by Jason F. Wright. I was riveted from the first sentence. I've only read the first chapter, but I can already tell it's going to be a great read.

I have always loved reading. Always. I'm not that hard to please, so when I come across a book I don't like, there's usually a valid reason why. I check out at least ten books from the book mobile every two weeks and usually only end up reading half because the other half, I just can't get in to. Maybe it's just the mood I'm in at the time. I'm a creature who's ruled by emotion. (or hormones.)

So, these are my reviews. Think what you will, but tell me what you felt about the two books I mentioned . . . if you've read them.

4 comments:

Cheri Chesley said...

Thank you! :)

M. Gray said...

I agree Reiyalindis should have another cover to bring in the boys. Glad your son loves it!!

I read Recovering Charles by Jason F. Wright and really didn't like his voice. How weird, huh? I really wanted to cuz of some ridiculous idea that since we're both Virginian's we could be friends.

My sis in law really likes Wednesday Letters...I think I actually gave it to her... I should have read it first!!

L.T. Elliot said...

Thank you. I love fantasy and I'm always looking for good new books. I'm sure Cheri's is excellent. She's awesome. =]

Adeeva Afsheen said...


I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Indra Bekti Dan Saipul Jamil Dikabarkan Pelecehan Seksual
Obat Untuk Membunuh Bakteri Dan Virus Dalam Tubuh
Rahasia Cantik Dari Kim Kardashian
Obat Herbal Infeksi Ginjal
Obat Pelancar Susah Bab
Obat Herbal Sakit Kepala Berat
Obat Pendarahan Kanker Serviks
Obat Kerusakan Jaringan Syaraf
Obat Tratak Atau Bercak Putih Pada Anak Dan Bayi
Obat Hidrosepalus Anak