Thursday, June 11, 2009

Yea for writing!

Hello all! The weekend is almost here and I am so glad. It has been a stressful two weeks for me.

I had this great critique group going and one of the gals just up and quit! I couldn't believe it! All at the last minute too. So, now there are only two of us. We are working hard at finding a couple more so we'll see.

I meet with Lori Nawyn who is a fabulous writer! I just adore her.

Anyway, as far as writing goes, I am changing my latest story from 3rd person to 1st.

I just got to a point where I was stuck and not liking it. Nothing felt right. So I took out all the perspectives from other points of view and changes the main character to first person. It flows better now and I like it. It will take a few days to change those 100 pages though!

So, everyday I write. Every day I read, and every day I edit. I also shower in between there somewhere!

Also, I just remembered, my thirteen year old son went to the teen writers conference last weekend. He loved it! I saw James Dashner there and I just adore him. I asked him if he would write a blurb on the back of my book when I sold it. He said YES, of course! Ya hoo!!!

There was an author there, and dang it, I can't remember her name, or wait, it's Jessica Day George. She said that she tried to sell a book for nine years without any success. NINE YEARS! That gives me hope. She was at the end of her rope and had told her husband that she was quitting writing after the conference she was going to and guess what? Yep, you got it. Her book sold! She met someone at the conference who loved her manuscript. Now she's had quite a few books published.

What does this tell you? NEVER give up! NEVER!!!!!

4 comments:

Chantele Sedgwick said...

I have to keep telling myself that. Never Give Up! I just changed my novel from 3rd to 1st person as well!:) I'm sorry a person from your critique group quit. I would be upset!

Lori said...

Melissa you're the best! I've loved reading through your blog.

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Sure gives us aspiring novelists hope, doesn't it?

aisyahputrisetiawan said...


I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Mata Katarak Terbaik
Multi-Vitamin Untuk Kesehatan Anak
Cara Merawat Mata Agar Tetap Segar dan Sehat
Obat Nyeri Buang Air Kecil Pada Wanita
Obat Pembersih Usus Kotor
Obat Angin Duduk Tradisional
Obat Tradisional Tumor Lidah
Obat Sembelit Yang Aman
Pengobatan Bells Palsy Herbal
Obat Tradisional Benjolan Di Pantat