Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Brevity is the the Soul of Wit

Brevity is the soul of wit? That explains a lot. My problem is I talk too much. I have always envied those who have a quick mind and a sharp wit. I want to be them when I grow up. I want to be able to write a turn of phrase to make butter melt. Alas, I don't think I fell into that talent pool. I try. I truly do, but when it comes to a great one-liner I have to think, and think, and think. I'm SLOW.

It doesn't seem to matter how hard I try, my old, Lyme brain has never recovered from its three years of non-use. Even though I have been Lyme free for almost a year now, I am still forgetful, ditzy, and I ramble on... and on... and on. My husbands does this quirky finger-across-the-throat-thing to let me know I've belabored a point for long enough. It's my signal to give it up.

I'm long winded. That is a talent I've had for years. I could talk, and talk, and talk some more. Give me a subject and I'll make it beg for death before I'm finished. THAT, I'm good at. Brevity? Nope. But I believe in miracles, and I have hope for the future. Here is a blog that I intend to study until my brain hurts. If you're curious and want to obtain a sharper wit, you might want to check it out too.

1 comment:

Adeeva Afsheen said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Jarak Berhubungan Intim Setelah Melahirkan
Bakteri Dan Virus Bisa Sebabkan Anak Diare
Cara Pemesanan Glucoberry Dan Glucocoa
Cara Mengatasi Masalah Buang Air Besar Tidak Lancar
Tips Ramuan Pencegah Penyakit Organ Kewanitaan