Monday, January 31, 2011

Plugging away

I'm getting ready for the LDStorymaker's conference coming up in May. Yes, I'm aware it is still a few months away, but you can never be too prepared. Today I worked on my query letter for The Eye of Tanub. Can I just say how much I hate writing query letters? After hours on the computer, I'm ready to pull my hair out! It's such a hit and miss business. Granted, a lot of it comes down to great writing, but what one agent will like may not be what another likes. There's just no way to know. So I plug on . . .

Once I get this query perfect I'll start on my synopsis. Then I'll work on my query and synopsis for another book I want to take. Not to mention the perfecting and editing that goes along with these books. It takes so much time. I SO hope the agent I've signed up for adores me. Sigh. It makes my heart race and my mind fry just thinking about it. But if we don't keep plugging away, where will we be? Right where we are. =)

I know my dreams of becoming a published author are realistic. After all, the squeaky wheel gets the oil, and I plan on squeaking for as long as I live. I plan on writing hundreds of novels and querying every agent alive until I find one who recognizes my talent. Hopefully that will happen fast. Like tomorrow.

1 comment:

Melissa Cunningham said...

Katie Ganshert has left a new comment on your post "Plugging away":

You have just the right attitude, Melissa! :)