I'm sitting at my computer trying to talk myself into going down into my freezing basement to run on the treadmill. Granted, it's not as cold there as it is outside, but still. So here I am pondering the new year and I realize I haven't even written down my new year's resolutions. My mother would be mortified!
Traditionally, we always made new goals when the year started. It was the LAW in my house as I grew up. I've gotten out of that habit. I couldn't decide if I liked the tradition or not. I mean, really. If you're goal oriented, you're goal oriented. If not, it's a waste of time, right?
After forty years of life, I've decided it's not a waste of time. We may not achieve these goals but hey, we made them and at least started working toward them. That will create good habits hopefully.
So, this year, these are my goals. Not in any order of importance.
1. To be able to run for 30 minutes at 6 mph. Right now, I'm running 30 min at 5.2 mph. Two days ago, I ran 5.4 mph for 20 min and thought I'd die. But every time it gets better and easier. I'd love to run a half marathon or something, but my body has to train REALLY slow or I hurt myself. Oh well. At least I'm trying.
2. To read my scriptures and pray/meditate every day. I want my relationship with God to grow, deepen and become more meaningful.
3. To control my appetites. Mostly the physical ones. I'm so weak. I eat things that are not good for me, and I tend to be lazy. I'll work on those.
4. To grow my hair out w/o getting impatient and cutting it off before I get there! I'm having a mid-life crises and need to feel young again. =)
5. To spend meaningful time with my kids. To make happy memories and to not yell so much. I love them so much and want them to know it.
6. Write at least 5 days a week. If I can write 50k words in eleven days, I can certainly maintain this goal. Writing is my passion and if I'm going to publish a book, I need to keep plugging away. Even if all my thousands of stories are only printed after I die! LOL
I'll start with these. What are yours?