Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Conference






Well, let me tell you about the fun I had at LDS storymaker's conference. I can't begin to tell you how much I learned there. The people. . . well, were fantastic! I made so many new friends who will be lasting ones.

It was way fun to meet all the "famous" LDS authors and be able to place a face with a name. They were all fun and down to earth, normal people who I felt completely welcomed by. It felt like home.

Some of the highlights were being able to stay with Jeri--my old college roomie from many moons ago--on the first night. Thanks Jeri! It was way fun!

Another high point was heading back to the conference room after a break. I'd spent the time in my room reading some critiques. I was wearing these darling navy blue pants that zip on the side and had unzipped them while sat Indian style on my bed, as they felt a little tight. As I walked down the hall, I thought, "Man, I didn't notice my pants covering my toes before. Weird." It was then that I realized that I had not zipped them back up and they were falling down! Luckily I was wearing a long while jacket thing! Mortification! I have to say, I still laugh just thinking about it!

I got to meet with Lisa Mangum from Deseret Book/Shadow Mountain and she was wonderful! So down to earth and friendly. She gave me so great advice on how to improve my book, then told me to send it in for the year 2012! LOL They are booked on young boy fantasies until then! Ya right! So I will post a picture I had taken with her. I told her I wanted a pic of my first rejection!

I especially liked the spoofs and pranks that took place on stage. The published authors were funny and very likable. I so want to be a part of them! I can't wait to have a book out there so wish me luck!

I went with Elizabeth Mueller and we shared a room in the hotel. It made it much more fun! It would have been lonely to be there alone, not knowing anyone. Elizabeth made it wonderful and we grew even closer.

There is something wrong here and it won't let me add anymore pics. Dang! Oh well. Stupid computers. =) The first pic is with J. Scott Savage, the second with Lisa Mangum and the third is with Elizabeth!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I am so excited for you! It will be fun to "watch" you pursue your passion!! BTW--You look FANTASTIC in your glasses--love them!!

aisyahputrisetiawan said...


I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Suplemen Menurunkan Berat Badan
Obat Infeksi Kulit
Pengobatan Kista Ginjal Alami
Obat penyakit crohn Alami
Obat Benjolan Nanah
Obat Kram Otak
Obat Sistem Kekebalan Tubuh